The Objectives of the Federation
- To make available to any official agency, trained teams of trained resources that can assist in search and rescue operations.
- To encourage and assist in the formation and training of new search and rescue teams in New York State.
- To promote the exchange and dissemination of information and expertise among teams in the state.
- To promote uniformity of search procedures.
- To carry out programs and projects that are of mutual interest and will advance the objectives of the Federation.
- To cooperate with other search and rescue organizations and with other rescue disciplines, and to represent the member organization at the local, regional, state, national, and international levels.